Choosing a Career
· Perform an online job search and write a 1-2 page report on the skills and requirements necessary for the position.
Save your time - order a paper!
Get your paper written from scratch within the tight deadline. Our service is a reliable solution to all your troubles. Place an order on any task and we will take care of it. You won’t have to worry about the quality and deadlinesOrder Paper Now
Today, technology is truly at your fingertips. You can download your favorite song, send an email to your professor, apply for jobs, share pictures of your kids, and even finish this entire course online. As digital technology continues to evolve, it’s not only changing the way we interact but also the way we do business. It’s creating a new digital world where anything is possible if you have the skills you need to succeed.
This assessment focuses on the essential skills of digital confidence and proficiency as they relate to job and career searches. Modern jobs-from medium-skilled to more advanced-skilled careers-require the use of digital tools. No matter what job or career path you are on or want to pursue, you will need to know how to use technology to be successful. This knowledge is important not just for working itself but also in finding work that you want-likely through an online job search. For this assessment, you’ll practice effective online job searches and identify the technical skills required for the job or career of your choice.
Modern jobs-from medium to more advanced-skilled careers-require the use of digital tools. No matter what job or career path you are on or want to pursue, you will need to know how to use technology to be successful. In this week’s assessment, you will improve your digital literacy and explore the technical skills required for the job or career of your choice.
Part I: Choosing a Career
Choose a job or career for yourself that you are currently pursuing or plan to pursue in the future. Then, answer the following:
1. Identify a career.
1. Explain why you have picked this job or career.
. Navigate to and select a job posting.
2. Go to O*NET OnLine and use the search field to search for your chosen job or career. Refer to the video Searching a Website for help.
2. Make sure you provide the link to the job posting and a brief description of the job.
2. Summarize the technology skills required for the job and describe how education and personal experience help develop these skills.
Part II: Identify Skills
. Identify skills related to a job.
3. Discuss personal skills already attained and skills needed to acquire to be successful at the job.
. Describe the degree to which you would find the companies from the job postings appealing and trustworthy, based on the digital literacy skills you have learned.
4. Go to Indeed and CareerOneStop and find a relevant job posting for the career you have chosen on each site.
4. Note how specific information literacy skills.
4. Consider the blogpost “SIFT (The four moves)“, as well as asking yourself questions like the following when trying to determine what is trustworthy:
3. Is the information seem accurate and free from mistakes?
3. Is the information presented in a clear and well-organized way?
3. Is the company easy to find using an Internet search?
. Consider the article, “Future-ready or not?”, when discussing the skills you will need to acquire.
. Additionally, provide the following for the job posting from each site (similar to what you wrote for #2 of Part I):
5. Copy and paste the link from each site into your assessment.
5. Provide a brief description of the job and any technical skills it requires.
· Written Communication: Convey clear meaning with minimal issues in grammar, usage, word choice, and mechanics.
· Length: 2-3 double-spaced pages.
· Sources: The only sources required for this assessment are the websites associated with your search.
Note: In addition to the scoring guide, your faculty member may also use the Writing Feedback Tool to provide you with feedback related to your writing.
By successfully completing this assessment, you will demonstrate your proficiency in the following course competencies and scoring guide criteria:
· Competency 1: Use computers, software, and online tools to effectively complete a task.
· Identify a career.
· Navigate to and select a job posting.
· Identify skills related to a job.
· Competency 4: Integrate credible and relevant sources into coursework to enhance clarity and support claims.
· Describe the degree to which the companies from the selected job postings seem to be appealing and trustworthy.
· Competency 5: Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.
· Address assessment purpose in a well-organized text, incorporating appropriate evidence and tone in grammatically sound sentences.